The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Accidental Lesbian Date

Okay, so I have accidentally gotten a date with a lesbian.

How does this happen, you might ask. So, I am out with (old) buddy Chris over the weekend. We are at a bar in Nac downing pitchers of cheap beer, trying to drink off the week. I am one of the few straight people in the group which is a common occurrence when hanging out with Chris. No biggie. I always have a great time. Anyway, this girl comes up (really embarrassed to admit that I don't remember her name at the moment) and is chatting with the girl next to me. The girl, let's call her Ann, mentions that she has to drive really far to get to Nac. So, I inquire as to where she lives. Turns out she is from Dallas. We start bonding of Metroplex residency and learning to navigate this maze of a city. She asks if I am going to be back in Dallas on Sunday night. Apparently there was a big show at Sue's: bands w/ chick lead singers. I said that I would unfortunately still be in East Texas, but some other time maybe. She gave an excited "Absolutely. We should totally do something." I responded in the affirmative thinking I need to meet more people. We chat some more and eventually exchange numbers.

After Ann leaves, Chris give me this look. Apparently, I had been heavily flirting and now have a date with Ann. I thought I was just being friendly, but I was told I was sending out all the signs of interest. I assumed I sent out some sort of hetero scent alerting all to my presence. But I suppose many of my friends that know my history with unintentionally flirting with men leading to tragic, unrequited love on their part. Guess my unintentional flirting knows no gender or sexual barriers. No one is safe.

So far, I haven't heard from my future lesbian love as of yet. I definitely want to go out. I am thinking more as friends. Like I said, I need to meet more people. Experience new things. For instance, I have never been to Sue's. I am very interested. But as far as a date, I don't know. I supposed I will just get myself in the situation and figure it out from there.

Really, do I come off lesbian?

1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger virge said...

Blog spam aside, I think this is one of my favorite blog posts ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home