The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Jeans

So today, my jeans are suddenly too big. While I would like to believe that my genie finally granted my weight loss wish, I am pretty certain that my ass has reached such massive proportions that it may have very well blown out the Lycra in my jeans. Or I need to wash them. Washing always makes the jeans pop back into place. This brings up an interesting point: jean washing frequency. Somehow the fact that they are denim makes it okay to wear them many, many times without washing. Do we do that with other clothing? I wash my khakis at least every other time I wear them provided there was no spillage that day (which isn't often the case...spillage free days, that is). Shirts are about the same, if not every single time. But jeans? They get worn many, many times between washings. They are only washed when absolutely necessary. Why is this? Why is it okay to not wash our jeans? Are they any less dirty than our khakis or t-shirts? In college, I knew people that would go months between washings. Well, maybe college isn't the best example as some of those same people applied that same washing frequency to themselves. Ewwww.... Am I alone in this low jean washing frequency? How often do your jeans get washed provided there is no spillage or major smelliness (sometimes, the bars force washing after only a single wear. Cigarette smoking bastards! Damn you for making me wash my jeans!).

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey--member that time when Ravi went 88 days without washing the jeans he wore EVERY DAY?

I only wash the jeans when they start to smell or have visible stains that I can't pass off as just having appeared there.

I'd like to think that I'm totally punk rock for this, alas--I'm just lazy.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Big Heavy said...

i have a system, i call them 1dayjeans, 2dayjeans, so on and so on. i never make it past 5dayjeans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home