The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Lesbian voice

So, I was on the phone with a gym, finding out about fees. At the end of the conversation when we were making plans to meet tomorrow, the guy said, "Oh, and if you want to bring in your girlfriend or a friend, or a coworker or something, feel free. We can set them up with a 2 week pass."

Girlfriend?

See, normally, I would think that he meant my girl-friend. But then he said friend right after, making the first classification seem romantic/physical in nature.

Do I come across as lesbian over the phone? My voice is a little deep due to some unfortunate allergy problems. But I didn't think I sounded lesbian. I was watching The L Word the other night, and I don't recall those ladies sounding especially mannish. Or a distinct/distinguishing voice characteristic or anything. I mean, yeah, Shane (to whom I am oddly attracted) does have a low voice, but I don't think that she necessarily sounds lesbian, nor do I necessarily sound like her.

So tell me, dear readers, do I sound lesbian?

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. You totally sound heterosexual.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, hetero...


... in a confused way.
(ha)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home