The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

New Apartment

So, I have moved into the new place. I love it. It is the perfect combination of my old house and a new spiffy apartment. Just to make people jealous, I will reveal that it has hardwoods or, as Special T pointed out, Pergo. She said kinda snobby. Like, oh, it's just Pergo. The kicker? She has Pergo. Guess she didn't want to think that some girl that gets attacked by monkeys, walks into barbed wire fences and shoots liquor bottles with a BB gun would have real hardwood floors when she didn't. Not to worry, I don't. So, Pergo floors, 2 bedrooms, new dishwasher and new gas stove. And the kicker is that it is really, REALLY cheap. For all of that. I mean, it isn't like I am getting this all for a hundred bucks or anything. But let's just say, some of my scarier apartments have been more expensive.

Anyway, interesting things I am noticing about the new place.
  • My TV has decided that it would develop an ear piercing, glass shattering, nails on a chalkboard whistle.
  • The windows are a weird size, and no stores carry blinds that will fit them.
  • Brian Above apparently sleeps on an air mattress. Thin floors.
  • Brian Above wakes up at 5:30, yet has no electricity.
  • There is a rooster somewhere in my neighborhood.
  • There may be a cult on my block.
  • The Dallas Morning News metal standy thing only carries a single paper. One. Ever. I am not talking about one type of newspaper. No, a single paper. So, you must act fast if you want the Sunday paper.
  • The Indian grocery store does not have Aquafina, but it does have Dr. Pepper.

I will keep you posted on what strange new things I discover.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaah?!! I object! I did not say it snobby! In the world of real estate value, I've learned that it's an important distinction - real hardwood floors or "faux hardwood floors". (And faux hardwood floors are way better than nasty linoleum or an exposed concrete slab). I think your apartment is super-cute!!
-Special T

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Whatever. You were judging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home