The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Instant Rewards

I love that commercial where the guy weighs, runs around the gym and then weighs again in the hopes that he has lost weight. I love it because that is what happens when I allow scales to enter my house. I weigh in the mornings. I weigh at night. I weigh pre-popcorn and post-popcorn. I weigh before and after my shower. I weigh before the exercise and after. I like seeing what the weight differences are. For instance, apparently 2 spring rolls, 10 pieces of sushi, a piece of green tea cake w/ green tea ice cream and approximately 10 glasses of tea weighs 2 pounds. I know. I checked.

This is probably how bulimia starts, huh? No worries. I simply don't have the time of the commitment level for that diet plan. Remembering to invent a reason to go to the bathroom ever time you eat? That takes planning and good memory.

Getting off track. Sorry. Anyway, I thought I would share that this morning shows the MAV as being down 7 pounds from the start of the diet. WooHoo! Don't be too amazed. Last night, I had only lost 2 pounds. But I like the sound of 7. It motivates me more. If I went off the soda for two measly pounds, I was gonna be pissed!

Ah, remember the good old days when you could just switch from butter laden mashed potatoes to ranch soaked salads and lose 5 pounds. I miss those days. Man, if I could go back and tell my college self something, it would be to not go to work at the stupid Italian restaurant. That of course would be after I told myself not to go to Baylor and to get a BFA.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness blog. Brain doesn't work too linearly in the mornings.

3 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to hide my scales from myself, for that very reason. I was taking OCD to new levels of scariness. I think I'm down about 5 pounds, but that's due to the unfortunate food poisoning incident and not my superb will-power and dieting follow-thru skills. ~Special-T

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jess said...

I have lost 7 pounds too! Go us!

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, me too! the skinny jeans aren't quite making me want to kill myself anymore ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home