The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Apparently, two disappointing prequels wasn't enough. Now, Star Wars will be coming to TV to disappoint loyal fans weekly. No. Really.

George Lucas will most likely not be directing the series which could be good. At least Jar Jar Binks may not assault my ears and eyes on a weekly basis. (Please, can he have died off screen in the third movie? Please? I promise to not complain about Natalie Portman's wooden acting any more if Jar Jar will just... go... away.) But how awful is this going to be? For every Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, there is a Ferris Bueller's Day Off. For every Smallville (hey, I liked early Smallville), there is a Karen Sisco. These might not be the best examples, but the point being is that remakes are seldom as pleasing to the fans as the originals.

And who will direct this Future SuckFest? Joss Whedon would be a great choice, I suppose. But he will be far to busy with his other movies (is there a comic book related movie that he isn't directing or in some way affiliated?) Kevin Smith would probably do a good job, but I don't see him coming to TV any time soon, even for Star Wars. Angel is off the air. Anyone know what David Greenwalt is doing? In my nightmare world, the show will be directed by Marti Noxon, David Kelley, McG and John Wells and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

And who will star? Oh, I hope it is some WB alum. Maybe some poster child for the cocaine and Starbucks diet like an Olsen, Hilton, Lohan or Barton.

Somewhere in that article or another, it mentioned that the show would be more of an offshoot perhaps. I guess we will see what happens when Chewie goes home for the day. Actually, the way that this could work would be to have a different show each time. Something like Wicket's story as told by Joss Whedon. Or The Further Adventures of C3PO as told by the Queer as Folk folks. That would be interesting. Getting a new take on each character and their stories.

Maybe it won't be so bad. But if The Office is any indication of American TV's ability to adapt good original material, it will most assuredly make me want to cry on a weekly basis.

5 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the weekly story-thing--THAT SOUNDS TOTALLY BRILLIANT!!
What is Droid!Babylon like?

AAAAhhhahahahahahahahahaahahahaaaa!

. . .but, Wicket. . .if we are to be further subjected to the continuing story of Ewoks, I will spork out my brain.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Wicket was a bad choice in examples, I will admit. But sadly, my brain was a little fried when I wrote that and he was the only teriary character whose name I could actually remember. I think it would be interesting to see the life of the guy that "recruits" ladies to dance for Jabba. How did he end up there? What is that guy's story? Was he once a sport's agent who wrote a mission statement/memo that got circulated around resulting in his firing and marrying LemonLips? Then when the kid was no longer cute and his only client got arresting in an unfortunate drug scandel, the only job he could land was a Hut recruiter?

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Jess said...

I just died a LOT inside, and then almost impaled myself on a gel ink pen to end the misery.
IS NOTHING SACRED?!?!?!?!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Oh, and hey...remember when Star Wars was great, and then they decided to film the beginning trilogy, and it SUCKED?!
Yeah, me too. I don't care how many times Shawn saw The Phantom Menace, that still doesn't make it not suck. I have seen Josie and the Pussycats somewhere in the vicinity of 10 times, but he still thinks THAT sucks. I rest my case.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Keymaster said...

Hey coffee lady! I liked the Ewok movie as a child. That's right, I said it!
I think they'd have a better shot making a Spaceballs series. Oh, and I heard today the the Star Wars geeks are lobbying to get the last 3 movies made to complete the series. Seriously, if that happens Mr. Lucas will be like 90 years old. LET IT GO!! We all have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home