The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Where have all the Swifter Sweepers gone?

Seriously. Swifters were all the rage a few years ago. They sponsored Trading Spaces. But where are the now? The other night, I was having a few shots with a friend. And by a few shots, I mean we drank a bottle of rum. But we were actually going through the formality of taking turns going to the kitchen to pour the shots. Then the pourer would bring the shots into the living room, dripping and spilling along the way. Now, there are spots of stickiness here and there. I truly hate mopping with the large quantity of soapy water and the wetness and the inevitably needing to walk across the room you just mopped and the waiting for the water to dry. Basically, it is the only thing I hate more than vacuuming. Which is why the Swifter would be so great. I know that it isn't the ideal thing for all over, down and dirty cleaning. But to get a few droplets of rum off my floor, it would be perfect. So I have been to 3 stores now, including Wal-Mart, in search of this handy-dandy contraption. There are none to be found. Not even the Clorox Wet-Jets. No ready-to-go mops at all. What happened? Were they taken off the market? Why? Were children choking on them? Were lab rats dying from the mopping? I don't get it. Does anyone know? I really need to get the sticky rum up and REALLY don't want to break out the mop. I hate mopping.

3 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mystery.

A challenge.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Fear not loyal readers, I have found one. It is everything I hoped and dreamed it would be.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mean a SWIFFER?

http://www.homemadesimple.com/swiffer/index.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home