The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I am a lightweight.

It is shocking. I was shocked.

So, the backstory...

My dad quit drinking like 15 years or so ago. I don't really remember him having a "problem," but I was young. He did drink a large amount, so maybe it was a cost thing. Anyway, it isn't a big deal. It isn't like he goes crazy when he sees a beer or anything. I mean, friends and family drink the occasional cocktail in front of him.

Anyway, so, my Aunt Rita came to Pineland last week and is staying with my dad. Aunt Rita likes her cocktails. She's 80 by the way. So, we all went to Jasper for my great aunt's 99th birthday celebration. It was an all day thing. At one point, Rita leans over to me and says, hey, I am going to go over to Chris' (our cousin) room for a little night cap. I will meet up with you guys later. I was all, I wanna come! Rita was pleasantly surprised and said I could tag along.

So, we get to Chris' room. He is raving about this vodka he had gotten at Costco (Texas sucks by the way! I want discount, bulk liquor). He promises it is very smooth (which it was). He mixes me a vodka tonic that is so freaking strong that I can barely drink it. Everyone else there is drinnking their vodka straight, and lots of it. Lightweight. Right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home