The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Rudeness

We live in a rude society. Something about the lack of personal interaction we have with others combined with politeness and manners not being valued anymore has turned the world rude. I feel that the internet has given people a license to be as rude and nasty as they wish without fear of consequence. The things people post on message boards and forums can be down right nasty. How about a "please" or a simple "I disagree" instead of the curt "do this now" and "you are stupid if you think that." Tack that onto the complete lack of respect that These Kids Today have for anyone or anything and you are left with a world that baffles me sometimes.

Take 15 minutes ago for instance. I went to Wal-Mart to obtain some cough medicine. I am in front of the plethra of cough sypups, pills and strips attempting to decide which best fits my needs all while standing at a respectable distance to both allow others to pass by as well as view all my options with ease. This teenager and her mother walk in front of me AND STAY THERE. I was obviously standing there, looking at the items before me. And they STOOD IN FRONT OF ME. I made a bit of a production in my efforts to peer around them. Each time I took a step on way to pick up an item, they would move in front of me. Quite irritating.

Finally, I make my cough suppressing choices and head toward the registers with my booty. I stopped at the end of the aisle to pick up a magazine, clearly in line and approaching the register when they WALK IN FRONT OF ME AND BEGIN CHECKING OUT. I went to another lane and made my purchases. After being decreed actually ill and not a meth cook by the cold medicine police and setting off the alarms for some unknown reason, I finally got to my car and made an attempt to exit the parking lot. There is a light at the exit of the Wal-Mart. I do not pull directly behind the truck in front of me to wait for the green light as the incoming traffic will want to turn AND I AM NICE. The light changes and as I start to exit, a car pulls in front of me, almost causing me to miss my opportunity to make the incredibly short green light. Who was it? THE RUDE DUO!!! THEN, they proceeded to drive half a block straddling two lanes making it impossible to get around them. RUDE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home