The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fair

Our work went to the State Fair yesterday. Fun! AND it was not nearly as lame as I thought it would be. Let me back up...

My work has a tendancy to make us do these awful "getting to know you," ice-breaker activities. Like at the Christmas party last year, we had to make antelers out of pantyhose and balloons. Lame! I mean, here we are all dressed up, some people have brought their spouses or significant others (The Diva and I went together because we share the faux-lesbian love), and then we are forced to participate in a silly team building exercise. Yes. Antelers out of ponytails. I mean, I am all for game playing, but how about some charades or pictionary or Taboo or Outburst or something that grown-ups play. So, point being, I was worried about this fair trip as I had intel that it would be a team building/getting to know you experience. But, while it got off to a rocky start what with the initial hat-wearing humiliation, overall it was good.

One of the fun things we did was "Fair Food Bingo" which necesiated consuming lots of crazy foods. While I shall never know if the Fried Mac and Cheese lives up the hype, I can say for certain that the Fried Peanut Butter, Jelly and Banana sandwich was worth the hunt.

I think that what the fair really needs is a specialized food map. Burgers, corn dogs (except the Fletchers), cotton candy, caramel appples...those things are pretty common and shouldn't be on the map. But I want to know exactly where the fried snickers bars are. And where is the fried cosmo? What about the fried oreos? And the Mexican chocolate? I need to know where to find those things. Because after 3 trips through the Midway, I was still without those things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home