The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

For those that want to help, the following are links to relief organizations that are working to help New Orleans and surrounding areas. If you haven't seen the images of the destruction, you should do a little search for them. It is surreal to see images of places you walked by less than four years ago. Many of New Orleans treasures are underwater or no longer exist. My heart goes out to those whose lives have been wrecked by this disaster.


Habitat for Humanity
Episcopal Relief & Development
United Methodist Committee on Relief
Salvation Army
Catholic Charities
The Network for Good
The Baton Rouge Area Foundation
National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
B'nai B'rith Disaster Relief Fund
Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

I would have put a Red Cross link, but their site seems to be experiencing trouble right now. I guess they have bigger things on their minds than a web page.

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi The Monkey Attack Victim, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wood working bed plan, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wood working bed plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home