The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Oh, the Joys of Rhapsody

Rhapsody is one of the most wonderful things to come into my life. It has wonderful playlists carefully created by those with more patience, time and attention to detail than me. For instance, the Alias playlist (all songs played on Alias) is just genius. I love hearing the entire album. I know there are some music purists that just broke up with me. I am not stealing all the music. I am just listening to it - borrowing the music, if you will. There is nothing wrong with borrowing a CD from a friend, right? Well Rhapsody and I are like BFF, so back off.

What was I saying? Oh yeah, Rhapsody rocks. My new favorite thing has been listening to comedy albums while I work, specifically Margaret Cho. There is a drawback to this. No one else in my quiet office is hearing what Margaret is saying. All they hear is me laughing for like an hour. A little embarrassing. But I love Margaret , so I consider the embarrassment to be a small price to pay.

My coworkers must think that I am absolutely insane and not just because of the random bursts of laughter. There are the silent laughs. The ones where I am laughing so hard at something the Diva said but trying so very hard to not make any noise. To the unknowing eye, I must appear to be having some sort of epileptic fit. Then, there are the times when I do things I just shouldn't do in open spaces. I get lulled into this sense of privacy by the quiet, dark office and my cubicle. I forget that people could see me, were they to walk by. The other day, I was discussing with the Diva my desire for a new bra. I explained that I upon viewing some photos on various friends' Flikr accounts, I thought I could really use the extra lift that a new bra would bring. I felt I need about 3 inches of lift. Anyone who knows me, knows how bad I am with measurements. I suck. I admit it. I have no idea how long an inch is, much less a mile. I don't know what a pound feels like. I can't eyeball a tablespoon. Anyway, she thought 3 inches sounded like a lot. So I proceeded to lift my breasts to the desired spot. Several times. Trying to decide how many inches that would be. Then I realized what I was doing and said a silent thank you that no one had walked by to witness me fondling myself in my cube.

But, yeah, Rhapsody is cool.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now MY coworkers think i'm crazy for laughing to myself while reading your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home