The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Punch In The Stomach

I have been working on some training for National Hotel Chain Typically Located Near Denny's for the past few weeks. I was really excited about being assigned this project because it uses a program that no one else in the office knows very well, and, well, it wasn't training for Major Air Conditioning Company or Major Electronics And Gadget Store. I have been diligently working on the NHCTLD project, coming in on weekends, working from home, etc. I drove people nuts pestering them for content, voiceovers, interface design, etc. I was DETERMINED not to scramble to complete this project at the last minute like we normally do. I wanted a leisurely QC. I wanted a panic-free submission. It was my Christmas dream. And, I was doing well. I was ahead of schedule. Getting this all done by noon on Friday was going to be easy peasy. Around 3 yesterday, my PM was like, is it possible to get these changes ready for the meeting at 9 on Thursday.

What!

9:00 am!

Thursday!

What!

My stomach contracted, my throat tightened and the veins in my head began to throb. 27 hour less than I thought I had???? What! I briefly went into a catatonic state and considered tears as you do when you realized you have a day less than you thought you did on a major project. I saw my career flash before my eyes. As my lunch threatened to abandon ship, I remembered that I was over half a day ahead of schedule. This would be doable. Intense, but doable.

I just submitted the project. I must say, it looks pretty good for only being about half done yesterday. I even came in early to put some extra sparkle and shine on it. But seriously, I think I might have had a mild heart attack yesterday. Really. 27 less hours.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Keymaster said...

Shit! That just proves how awesome we all know you are.

Take the rest of the week easy - you deserve it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home