The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Winter Storm Friedrick

Overall, I give Winter Storm 2005 (which I named Friedrick) a 7. Overall, it has been good. Well done, but with some problems and set backs.

Good - Got off work at 11:30 yesterday
Bad - Realized I had no liquor in the house
Good - Lines at liquor store practically nonexistant
Bad - Began to sleet again on my way back from the liquor store
Good - Chose to wear my warmest sweater, a very good choice
Bad - Was out of regular underwear so had to wear itty, bitty, no warmth providing thong
Good - Had good hair day, especially with my moose tobaggan.
Bad - Out of milk
Good - Tomato soup
Bad - No bread for grilled cheese sandwich to go with soup.
Good - Had popcorn with soup
Bad - Used olive oil instead of vegetable oil in popcorn. Not great.
Good - Alarm did not go off at 5 am
Bad - The Elephant upstairs apparently fell out of bed, dented the floor and woke me up at 6:45
Good - Found my favorite sweatshirt and was able to snuggle in it this morning.
Bad - Out of socks
Good - As I was not going into work right away would be able to wash clothes
Bad - Water supply to washer and my SHOWER turned off.
Good - Am quite skilled at washing hair in sink.
Bad - After I checked the washer TWICE for renewed water flow, decided to leave my laundry to indicate existance of laundry queue.
Good - Walked to restaurant next door and got a double Arabic coffee
Bad - When I returned, someone had cut in line and was washing their clothes. I suspect The Elephant who snores really loudly. No wonder she ain't gots no mans.
Good - Put up Christmas tree, ornaments and garland
Bad - Blew fuse on On/Off button extention cord thingy
Good - Fixed and now have all 1,500 lights shining brightly.
Bad - Had to come into work with lots of edits awaiting me. It isn't even my project!

So, as you can see, there has been good and bad. But then I think about how last Saturday was like 80 degrees and how much I hate my "warm weather" clothes and rejoice in all that Friedrick has brought me.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for Fred! I know I have loved him.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I would be able to enjoy him a lot more had I had my good winter clotehs with me/washed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home