The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

X-Men

First, I really enjoyed X3. I was worried that I might not, that the new characters and the absent characters would be too hard to overcome. But Beast rocked. Kelsey, who knew you had it in you? Angel was hot. My only complaint about the new characters would be that there just wasn't enough screen time for them.

As I left the theater, I was filled with sadness. Not only because of the fates of some of my favorite characters, but because this might have been the end. Surely not, I said. This movie grossed 44 million in the first DAY. 20th Century Fox is not going to let this cash cow go.

Then today, I saw this and my world was happy again.

Fox Confirms X-Men 4

Despite the stupid title "X-Men: The Last Stand", Fox Head Tom Rothman has all but confirmed that there will indeed be an X-Men 4, and probably more after that as well. Now it's all well and good for him to say that now... but if X-Men 3 is a bomb (which we all know it won't be... even if it sucks) then those words will be quickly eaten.So why the title "The Last Stand" then? Well, according to the good folks over at Movie Hole, Rothman offers the following explanation:“It's the conclusion of this trilogy.

These three movies work as a trilogy. These characters in this relationship, it's the culmination of that saga. It's the culmination and the resolution of those relationships laid out in the first two movies. That doesn't mean never, I would ever say never again, but I will say that this brings that saga to an end. It's quite the way the last Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, brought that trilogy to a conclusion in terms of those characters, that's what this movie does. It goes all the way back to the first one and rounds off and completes that three-part story."

Perhaps someone should tell Rothman that the end of the Lord of the Rings was indeed actually the end of the whole series. He might have missed that part. So all this talk of "this is the end of THIS saga". This particular story line in X-Men is indeed finished... but there are more to come.

Oh JOY! I can't wait to see how they write themselves out of this hole. Perhaps it was all a dream that Jean Grey had while in a catatonic state? That would be very Dallas of them.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

No, I didn't hear about the end credits thing until I got to work on Tuesday. I was so determined not to be spoiled or even read unsavory words about my beloved X-Men that I didn't know about the end credits thing.

But I will probably go to see it again. I LOVES me some X-Men.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Perhaps it can all be a figment of some autistic kid's imagination, a la St. Elsewhere. Whatever happened to the crazy Mastermind-esque character from X2? I know we THOUGHT he was buried in rubble...but come on, this is the Marvel 'verse. Nobody's ever REALLY dead.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home