The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Convo with Josh

This is from a while back, but I am sure everyone will find it as amusing as me and Josh do.

Josh and I used provide tech support for this company in Austin. The company's product was truly a piece of crap. It had the unique distinction of being both released too early and being behind on technology. But the iOpener is not the point of this story.

Josh and I share many passions: photography, Nestle's Quik Vanilla (never look at the nutritional information), cute boys, analyzing the inane, setting of overly sensitive car alarms. But the interest that truly cemented our friendship was the love of Hershey's Almond bars. We would wax poetically for hours about the bar. Below is a conversation we had about the Hershey's bar.

MAV: Let's go get a Hershey's bar.
Josh: Yes! Let's go.
MAV: Okay.
MAV and Josh: *purchase bars and sit at table*
Josh: I love the Hershey bar, but it doesn't have enough almonds. It needs more.
MAV: Yeah, but they only put one almond per letter.
Josh: *turns his bar over and counts* You're right! I can't believe you know that!
MAV: *shrugs and giggles*

Several days later we take another Hershey's break.

Josh: Look at this! My bar only has 7 almonds.
MAV: Really? Quality control has really gone down at the Hershey's factory. You should alert them.
Josh: I will.

He composes this email (paraphrased)

Dear Hershey's,

I purchase a Hershey's Almond bar today. It only had seven almonds. I am aware of your one almond per letter standard and wanted to alert you to the fact that my second H was without an almond. I wanted to bring this to your attention.

Sincerely,
Josh

---

Here is the response we received.

Dear Josh,

We are sad to learn that you received a substandard Hershey's Almond bar. If you will send in the bar, we will replace it with a bar containing the correct number of almonds.

Thank you,
Hershey's Corp.

---
Sadly, the bar had already been eaten, but I do keep my eye out for an inaccurately almonded bar.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it only had 4 almonds :)
but YES! I LOVE THOSE THINGS. I still eat them, despite thesometimes absent almonds :(.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home