The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Personal Vocabulary


Ever realize that a phrase has entered your personal vocabulary and wonder why that phrase or word made the cut?

I was talking to Donnie last night while driving home. I was coming up on a toll plaza and as I needed to exit right away, I opted to move to the right and use one of the 75 cent lanes. The car ahead of me was stopped. I noticed too late that the driver had dropped his change and was having to scoop it off the ground. So, in my frustration, I said, "Frick!" without even realizing what I was saying.

Donnie was all, did you just say frick? Yes. Yes, I had. Somehow that silly word from Scrubs had entered my vocabulary.

A few days earlier, I realized that I regularly say "pook" when something doesn't go right. Like there is a phantom car in the parking space or I break a nail. Pook! seems to be my standard response lately. I guess this is a good thing since my sailor-esque swearing was getting out of control. But pook? As in the expression that Ms. Meers used in Thoroughly Modern Millie? Pook? Really?

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap TAPIOCA EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home