The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Monday, April 24, 2006

I've Been Omar-ized

It was an event-filled weekend.

The highlights:
Dinner at Outback with YayCoffee. Steak = good. We won't discuss the fact that Delicious Dish stood me up.

But she made up for it by arriving at Ozona early on Saturday and had a Bloody Mary waiting on me. Well, at least the ginormous glass of vodka was waiting on me. While the food at Ozona might be overpriced and a tad underwhelming, the Bloody Mary bar more than makes up for it. So yeah, I had two bloody marys for breakfast/lunch. What? That's healthy. I practically had a salad.

Next, DD and I headed out to Om where we bought some ridiculously large glasses for ourselves and YayCoffee. They are really, really big. Nicole Ritchie would even dismiss them as a little much. But they make me and DD endlessly happy.

Then we went to Gachet (home of the best coffee in the world according to YC) for some caffeine before the Black Angels show at Good Records. I didn't know much about the Black Angels, but it was a REALLY good show. I had a lot of fun. Plus, the hot intern was there. He hugged me. I haven't bathed since. DD is right about the Black Angels. They do sound like dirty rockers that hang out in a basement, smoking pot for days at a time. Normally, I am not into the dirty rockers, but I was seriously contemplating becoming a groupie. Hot rockers!

We hit Snuffer's for some cheese fries and drinks next. I would like to say that after one margarita and two Coronas I was by no means drunk (too hot outside for that) and not letting me drive seemed silly.

After some hanging at Bagboy's, we went to see Friends With Money. It was underwhelming also. It seriously brought me down. I had to go home and watch some History Channel to get over it.

YayCoffee and I met up at Waffle House the next morning for brunch. The hashbrowns and waffles there make me want to weep with joy. If only the tables weren't so limited, it would be the perfect place.

We followed up brunch with another movie: American Dreamz....Dreams with a Z. Hee. See this movie. It is HILARIOUS. I laughed so hard that my sides hurt a little after the movie. Social satires rock! No one is safe from this movie. The best were the showtune singing Iraqi guy, Omar, and his possibly-gay cousin. You've been Omar-ized. Hee.

So, that was my action packed weekend, jealous?

5 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been... OMARIZED! *makes funny hand movement*

OMGZ THAT MOVIE RULEZ! (See what I'm doing? I'm putting Zs on everything... get it?)

Iqbal was amaZing! I loved his belts!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger The Bagboy said...

Nobody said you were drunk. Like I said, better safe than sorry.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

It was implied.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger The Bagboy said...

Actually, that wasn't my implication at all. I wanted you to be safe, and that was the best way I knew. But if you were offended or your feelings were hurt, I sincerely apologize. That was never my intention. My "gallantry" gets in the way of being nice sometimes. Sorry about that.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

It was more annoying because the logistics of cars and the leaving and recollecting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home