The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Match.com Mix-up

I joined Match.com recently in an attempt to find myself a man. I filled out my profile information, attempting to be witty yet clear about my requirements. Then, I anxiously awaited my matches. I didn't get any winks or emails the first few days. That seemed odd, but I didn't think much of it. I got my first set of matches. I eagerly sifted through them. I ran across one that was amusing...
It is also important that anyone I become friends with have a very adept and off sense of humour, that is you find shows like "South Park" and "Family Guy" funny, and you know how to tell a joke with out messing up the punch line, or getting all embarrassed if it's lewd or off colour. Therefore, to sum up every thing I am shy straight acting guy that is looking to make new acquaintances in the Dallas area, which share like interests and would be willing to get to know me and let me get to know you. I am looking to settle down with that special guy some day, but not right away, after the first time we meet. You know…friends first.
DivaJess and I giggled over that "special guy" part, assuming that it was just a typo or editing mistake. It happens to the best of us.

A few days later, I got some more matches. There were some really good guys in the mix. So, I sent out a few winks and emails and hoped for the best. Nothing. Oh, well, I thought, these things probably take time. I received another batch of matches. I started looking a little more closely at the matches. I noticed this one has man seeking man. I know I am not going to find my perfect match, but orientation seems like a deal breaker. I looked at another profile. It was also man seeking man. I looked at all the people to whom I had sent winks. All of them were men seeking men. What was going on? I checked my profile. Somehow, my gender had gotten inadvertently switched to male. Oopsy. Well, that explains the lack of response.

I am just curious about what these poor guys thought.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, SHAKE IT, DUDE!!!!!

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home