The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Some Quick Hits

I don't really have enough material for a full post, so here are some quick hits:

  • I feel guilty about posting on top of the Thomas Bickle post. So, to find out more about the little guy or to find out how to help, go to his blog.


  • It is 11:37. I just realized that though I have ear buds in my ears, no music is coming from them. This is probably the longest I have gone before I realized I never started the music this morning. It's on of those days.


  • Excel mysteriously disappeared from my computer. Could it be related to this post?


  • I have decided that beginning this weekend, I will begin my "healthy life" kick again. No drinking. No fatty foods. Lots of exercise. No sodas. Minimal sugar. Good carbs. Lean proteins. Maybe I will also start taking this. If you are interest in joining me in this revolution, let me know. You can harass me; I can lay guilt upon you. It'll be great. We can yoga together.


  • My neighbor was having a very animated conversation about flowers at 6:00 this morning. I like flowers, and I can usually function fairly early in the mornings. But if you call me and expect me to share your enthusiasm for flowers before I have had my morning think time, you will be VERY disappointed.


  • Where did all my winter clothes go? I distinctly remember NOT going naked from December to February, but each morning I puzzle over what I will wear in such cold weather.


  • Big love for Big Love. For those that don't know, it is HBO's latest series. It is about a man (Bill Paxton) who has three wives (Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigney, Ginnifer Goodwin, yay!). It is a very interesting look into a controversial practice. All of the characters are very flawed, yet very relateable. Think Six Feet Under, but instead of corpses there are lots of wives and children. Plus, Margene (played by the awesome Ginnifer Goodwin) has a hilarious blog. The first three episodes are OnDemand. Watch them.


  • So, I started watching The Evidence last night. You know, ABC's attempt to jump on the crime drama bandwagon. Here's a tip ABC: if I am watching The Evidence, I probably watch CSI and Law & Order. You don't need to explain how forensics work to me. Or that detectives can do things like trace calls. I am quite familiar, thankyouverymuch. The first epi was a little slow, but I will give it a few more weeks to pick up. You know, after they stop explaining how homicide investigations work.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not quite sold on Big Love. I'll have to give an ep or two more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home