The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Math Lesson

So Keymaster and I went to Gloria's last night for some much needed drinks. On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Gloria's has Happy Hour prices on their margaritas and sangrias: $2 each. I could not decide between the margarita and the sangria, so I requested a swirl. I was charged $4 dollars for this drink. Outrageous. Simple math tells us that this is an incorrect price.

Here, I will show my proof.

margarita = 2
sangria = 2
x= margarita
y= sangria

z = ½x + ½y
z = 1 + 1
z= 2

Therefore, my drink which compose one half of x and one half of y should have equaled $2. But no, those cheating cheaters at Glorias charged me full price for x and full price for y though I only had half of each. Cheaters!

I would say I would never go back, but that black bean dip is just too good to pass up. But I will not be ordering the sangrita without confirmation of the mathematical inconsistency in their pricing procedures.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Keymaster said...

I'm betting that they are not counting on you being able to handle the math at the end of the night. Too bad for them you can do both real well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home