The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Grumpy and to be avoided

Babs posted about how she is feeling cranky and is avoiding posting her real feelings today. I am feeling the same way. I am in a SOUR mood. I started the day off in a foul temper, and it just seems to be getting worse as the day progresses.

Things that are pissing me off today:
  1. Thunderella was stomping around at 4:30 in the freaking morning. She was so loud that she woke me up out of a dead sleep. I was wearing industrial strength ear plugs. The kind that you must wear when working around machinery so loud your ear drums might rupture. She is louder than all the equipment in my town's saw mill. I really am not exaggerating how loud this inconsiderate waste of a human being is. See. I am really grouchy.
  2. Makeup. Just the idea of that I am expected to come to work each day in full war paint really ticked me off this morning. Why should I be pressured to wear eyeliner, 2 kinds of eye shadow and mascara every single day? It is unfair.
  3. There are no Russian history classes offered as part of SMU's informal classes or continuing education. I want to learn more about the Bolsheviek Revolution.
  4. Amazon nor Barnes & Noble list any books by an author I just read. I want to read more. Apparently, they don't want me to.
  5. School zones. I am in a hurry. I don't want to wait for that kid. I don't know him.
  6. Weather is not forecasted 2 weeks out. I want to know if it is going to rain next weekend.
  7. Stupid deadlines. Really, if there isn't enough time for the assigned person to finish a project, maybe the deadline was unrealistic.
  8. Insurance peddling at work. If I wanted life insurance, I would get it. Don't force me to waste an hour of my time in some stupid AFLAC meeting about insurance I will not be purchasing. It's such bullshit. If X happens or Y happens, you will get this payout. So what if I don't become disabled? What if I don't go to the hospital this year? What if I don't get cancer or go blind? What if I don't die? I basically gave you money all year and got a big fat nothing in return. I should get some sort of reward for safe, healthy living. Like a small refund. Or a pie.
  9. The Planned Parenthood people. I mean, I totally support a woman's right to choose and easy access to the morning after pill and stuff, but seriously, stop sending so many emails. I am tired of filling out your forms and sending concerned letters to my congresswoman. Kay Bailey Hutchinson made it pretty clear in that letter she sent that she was not that concerned that I disapproved of Alito. Bush liked him, so she was voting yes. Really PP, she doesn't care.
  10. This project I am working on does not have a mute button or a pause button. I love The Diva and everything, but I am pretty tired of hearing her yammer about air flow. Little ducts mean little air. I get it. Move it along.

Okay, I have vented now. I am feeling a bit better.

3 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Don't feel bad...I hate having to listen to myself do the VO. And I'm about to have to QC that course, so I'm going to have to listen to it too.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

You are awfully wordy. I would like to hear some of the end user feedback on these courses. Or will that never happen because they all die of boredom before they can give feedback?

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Jess said...

THE CLIENT is awfully wordy. Those bastards can't give us any courses where the information can be presented in a more simple manner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home