The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Online Dating

Online dating terrifies me for a variety of reasons, and being murdered by my "true love" is not one of them.

Reasons To Be Terrified of Online Dating

1. The matches. Occasionally, I open those "matches found in your area" emails that show up. Are one of these guys really my soul mate?

2. If those are the kinds of guys I can hope to meet, what does that say about me? Not to be really conceited or anything, but I thought I was in a slightly higher league.

3. The Christian Singles in my area listed one person to match me. Chrissy99. Really, do I come off lesbian? Not that I mind that, but maybe if I am perceived as so very lesbian then perhaps I should give that option a little more consideration. Maybe it hasn't been that I haven't met the right guy. Maybe I haven't met the right girl. That would explain so much.

4. You don't know what would happen to your picture once you submit it. How embarrassing would it be to see your own picture end up in a H0t L0c@l $inglz ad? Even worse, what if my picture ended up in some mean blog. Sorry guys from item one.

Just something to ponder.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger The Bagboy said...

I'm of the opinion that what those dudes look like has nothing to do with who might be your soul mate. The soul has no face.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger virge said...

Personally I think the concept of a "soul mate" is highly overrated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home