The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Choxie



This weekend, Special T, YayCoffee and I went to Target. We were all having a bit of a chocolate craving, so we perused the candy section. I mentioned seeing a Hot Chocolate bar that was supposed to be spicy (like the chocolate in Chocolat) made by Choxie. It became our quest to find and taste this bar. It was hidden up at the registers instead of with the rest of the Choxie stuff. We ended up with 2 Hot Chocolate bars, 1 coffee toffee and a box of the square truffles with flavors ranging from toasted marshmellow to key lime pie.

Reviews...

Hot Chocolate
Not as spicy as I had hoped. It only had a twinge of spice in the aftertaste. I was hoping for something really hot given the chipotle chili heat it advertised. But all in all, it was okay. It just tasted like dark chocolate with a hint of pepper.
Grade: C+

Coffee Toffee
This was the best one in my opinion. It was chocolatey, crunchy and had coffee undertones. Well done. Try this one.
Grade: A+

Toasted Marshmellow
A bit disappointing also. I expected it to be cream filled when it was actually more of a marshmellow flavored caramel. The flavor was right. The texture was all wrong.
Grade: B-

Champagne Chocolate
It didn't really taste like champagne. There was a definite alcohol taste, but not necessarily champagne.
Grade: C

Cinammon Caramel
This was surprisingly good. I don't like cinammon flavored candy, so I was worried about this one. I thought it might be the hot cinammon which I loathe. Turned out to be quite tasty.
Grade: A-

I didn't try the rest. You will need to get the reviews of those from YayCoffee and Special T. They ate the crazy fruit flavored ones.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Key Lime one was really good! It was in a white chocolate, which I love. Definite A+.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger virge said...

Wishing a Target would suddenly appear in my guest bedroom so I could try these.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home