The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

New Apartment

So, I moved this weekend. I switched apartments with the apartment manager's daughter because she was tired of climbing up and down the stairs (she's pregnant) and I am tired of Thunderella. I never got a good look at the new place and didn't really communicate with Vonnie, the pregnant lady. My bad. I probably wouldn't have switched if I had. Here are the fiascos of the weekend...
  1. As of 8:00 am Saturday, the day of the move, Apartment 4 had not begun packing. I was all packed up. They were not.
  2. As of 10:30, Apartment 4 had not even packed up the kitchen and refused any help from us and also refused to just bring the boxes up and unpack later. No, they wanted to unpack as they went. Bastards.
  3. It began raining again.
  4. Got a glimpse of the bedroom and bathroom. HIDEOUS wallpaper that was peeling off the walls meaning I would have to remove it, not just paint over it.
  5. No dishwasher (getting a new one)
  6. No doors on the upper cabinets
  7. One less set of cabinets and existing cabinets and drawers are significantly smaller than other apartment.
  8. Cleaning had apparently never taken place in this apartment. Imagine the most filthy frat house you have ever seen. It was worse.
  9. Dirty apartment = cockroaches. And lots of them. Raid owes their boost in sales to me.
  10. Traffic noise very loud in this apartment for some reason.
  11. I can hear the TV of my neighbor while in the bedroom.
  12. Ugly carpet
  13. The most garish ceiling fan EVER. I will take a picture and post it. It is the ugliest thing EVER. Oh, and only 3 bulbs can be in the monstrosity at once. Otherwise the lights in the house flicker.
  14. No outlet in the bathroom. How do you get ready without a single outlet?
  15. Globes missing from lights.
  16. Smaller living room and kitchen.

But none of this is worse than living below Thunderella. Most of this stuff is fixable. But sitting in my apartment in peace is absolutely the most beautiful thing in the world.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, NO THUNDERELLA!!! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home