The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Convos With YayCoffee

One of my favorite things is hanging out with YayCoffee at the Afrah Bakery. I don't know what it is about the place, but we immediately become the hugest dorks when we go there. It's possibly something in the coffee. A while back, YayCoffee and I were at the Afrah. If you haven't been, you must. It is highly entertaining and quite tasty. Try the Akawi or the Arayiss pie. You will thank me. Anyway, our servers always tend to be quite amusing. Sometimes, it is the way they think I am incredibly silly for wanting creamer in my Arabic coffee. Other times, it is the waitress' Valley Girl way of speaking.

Valley Girl Waitress: Oh, is that a puppy on your shirt? Cuuuuute.
YayCoffee: *opens cardigan* No, it's Billy Corgan.
VGW: Oh, cuuuuuuuute.
YC: *looks confused*
MAV: *stifles giggles*

Mind you, this is the shirt that features a bald, covered in blood or afterbirth or raspberry jam Billy Corgan. The shirt is many things, but cuuuuuuuuute really isn't one of them.

Another time, we were at the Afrah and asked for our bill with credit cards. The easily confused waiter brought out our receipts but neglected to bring a pen.

Easily Confused Waiter: Here are your receipts.
MAV: *sees there are no pens, immediately begins to root through her purse*
ECW: Oh no, I forgot the pens.
YC: No problem.
MAV: *pulls pen out with a flourish* Yeah, we are writers. We come armed.
ECW: Well, I guess that is better than a gun or something.
MAV & YC: *in unison* The pen is mightier than the sword.
ECW: *is confused*
MAV & YC: *are dorks, giggle uncontrollably*

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. I will ALSO be putting this on MY blog... I just laughed so hard I nearly fell OFF of my chair.

HEr: CUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

Us: O.o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home