The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Measurements

I am really bad with measurements. Really bad. I can't tell you how far something really is. I am awful at guessing weight. I don't know how many inches or feet an object might be. Don't even get me started on Weight Watcher points. I am bad with measurements, and it is a problem.

Examples.
  1. I was making a dessert and needed 4 tablespoons of rum and 4 tablespoons of coffee. So, I bought a small bottle of rum and 4 shots of espresso. This was not right, by the way. It was far too much and now I have a bunch of dark rum I will never drink.
  2. I think everything is 10 miles or 30 minutes away. My apartment to Lakewood? 10 miles. My apartment to Sam Moon? 10 miles. My apartment to Grapevine Mills Mall? 30 minutes. Lewisville to Lakewood? 30 minutes.
  3. I bought some globes for various lights in my apartment. I got a really cute one for my ceiling fan. Only problem is that the opening isn't large enough for a light bulb to pass through. The one I got for the wall sconce in the hallway is also too small for the fixture. No way would those little screws hold it in place.

I am really dumb when it comes to measurements (and a few other things).

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude... that's what a measuring tape is for. But measuring tapes are BORING. Yeah. I said it. BORING. ;-)

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

First, the rum is DARK RUM. Not good for much of anything.

Second, I never think to measure the things BEFORE I leave the house. I carry a measuring tape in my purse. It is quite sad. Speaking of measuring and furniture and apartments, I really want to go and roam around IKEA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home