The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Keanu, I need you!

My computer has been possessed by the devil. It is truly the only explanation for the odd behavior and determination to drive me insane.

Exhibit 1: When I look at Monitor 1, Monitor 2 will occasionally blink, distort or change colors. But when I look at it, it is back to normal.

Exhibit 2: Lost changes. Seriously, I have made a particular change to one project, no kidding, 11 times. Each time I return to the page, the change is gone. The page is back to being all fucked up. This is really annoying. The tech support people refuse to believe it is happening. Either I am crazy, or my computer is possessed. While I am quite crazy, I do believe that there is a possession under way.

Exhibit 3: The CD-ROM will begin to spin at random. No disk. No music program opened. Drive D has not been clicked. The CD-ROM is just spinning for no reason.

Exhibit 4: Randomly rearranging desktop icons. Normally, they are in my preferred order on Monitor 1. Occasionally, whilst working in multiple programs on both monitors, the icons will make the exodus over to Monitor 2 and rearrange themselves. Really, rearranging my desktop icons is on the same evilness level as eating babies. Maybe more so.

Exhibit 5: MusicMatch JukeBox ads keep appearing in my playlist. I am using WinAmp which makes the appearance even more strange.

See, possession is the only obvious explanation. Keanu really needs to come and exorcise my computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home