The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Friends 'Til The End

I have a confession. I love made-for-TV movies. For ones like Oil Storm, I am proud to proclaim my love. Now, the less well written, poorly acted ones cause me to harbor some shame. But when I flip through the channels and see Elisha Cuhbert battling a gambling addition or DJ Tanner being raped by Zack Morris, I can't resist. I must stop. Today, I found one of my all time favorites on Oxygen: Friends 'Til The End. It is the story of one girl's obsession with Shannon Doherty. Jennifer Blanc plays Zan to Shannon's Heather (hee, I know). They met on the kid talent show circuit. Now, Heather is the president of her sorority and the lead singer of a RAWK AND ROWL band. They sound very similar to the Cranberries. Of course, Heather has a gorgeous boyfriend/lead guitarist played by the dreamy Jeremy London (or is it Jason). And Zan, poor, crazy Zan. She wants to be Heather so bad. Slowly she begins to weave her way into Heather's life, first the sorority, then as a back up singer in the band. We quickly learn that Zan is not only a obsessed, but also chock full of Crazy. She kills her first groupie because he knew her secret: she had recently been released from a Mental Institution. I know. Fabulous.

Zan starts to take away Heather's charmed life piece by piece. She switches Heather's Very Important Essay with an obviously plagiarized one. Then, she starts driving wedges between Heather and her friends and bandmates until soon everyone loves Zan and not Heather. Well, Eric, the drummer with a heart of gold, senses that Zan is a little heavy on the Crazy.

Anyway, it is FABULOUS!!! If you happen across it, you must, must watch. So good! I wish I could own it or at least the soundtrack.

3 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Jess said...

OH MY GOD!
I have totally seen this movie. It was originally on VH-1, if I recall, as one of their "rock and roll" movies. HYSTERICAL!
You are truly my bad TV soulmate.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger LukeMiller said...

my favorite all-time made-for-tv movie is 'Everybody's Baby: The Jessica McClure Story.' somehow, i or my parents had the foresight to tape this when it aired in the late 80's.

i've seen it dozens of times and i weep every time. when kerri and i were dating i made her watch it with me so she could know that piece of my life. it's on dvd in the uk and i'm tempted to buy it.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I just IMDBed that movie. What a cast! It has such people as Whip Hubley, Jack Rader, Guy Stockwell, Bo Foxworth, Mills Watson and Don Hood! Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home