The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Word Verification

I don't like the Word Verification thing. I hate having to enter that random string of letters. Why can't it just be a random word like turtle or muffin or staple? My fingers don't want to type the random letters. They don't understand. In fact, I dislike entering the random letters so much that I chose not to activate the option. Sure, I occassionally have to delete some spammed comments, but those have gone way, way down.

So, I have a proposal for the good poeple of Blogger. You should allow the bloggers to set up an approved commenter list. That way, when certain people comment on my blog, as long as they are signed in, they can comment without verification. Just type and post. Now, strangers to the blog would have to enter the word (not on my blog obviously), but "friends" wouldn't.

Just a thought.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate it, too. I find that in order for me to type it right, I have to say the letters out loud, which is just retarded.

Spam sucks but so does word verification. So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home