The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dear OCD People of the World,

Most of the time, I think your neurosis is kind of cute. The way you must unpack immediately following an exhausting trip. The way you can't relax if one thing is out of its place. It's cute. It must be tough being you. Most of the time, I overlook these little quirks.

But let me say this, there is a TIME for your craziness and there is a time when it is unholy inappropriate. That time is 2 o'clock in the fucking morning. I do not care if you will break out in hives if your books remain unpacked. If you end up in a padded room because you were not able to place each of you picture frames facing northwest, I really don't care. It is 2 o'clock in the fucking morning, and I am trying to sleep in the bedroom below yours. Make as much noise as you want until 11. But after that, we are entering INAPPROPRIATE time. And once the clock ticks past midnight, we are entering justifiable homicide time.

Like I said, most of the time, I find your complete inability to relax kind of funny. It's quirky. But when you interfere with my much needed sleep, then you risk awakening the bitch inside. And let me tell you, she woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, because you dropped a box at 5:30 in the morning.

The non-OCD's, or the messies, never try to convert you. We never demand that you be messy or disorganized. We recognize that you have a personality defect that requires understanding and acceptance. But you know what? After last night, wait, correction, after really fucking early this morning, I have no more patience with you. Get your crazy under control or leave my life forever. 2 o'clock in the fucking morning! UNACCEPTABLE!

Get over yourself and realize you share the world with people that really DO NOT CARE. People that think the hours of 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. should be used for sleeping.

Good fucking morning,
MAV

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

ocd or not that's just inconsiderate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home