The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Walk The Line

I have a confession to make. I think I might be more excited about Walk The Line than Goblet of Fire. Here is my reasoning. I know what should happen in Goblet of Fire. When it doesn't happen or is done incorrectly, I am going to be disappointed. I think I would enjoy these movies if they weren't based on such well written books. With Walk The Line, I have no preconceived notions of what the movie should and shouldn't be. All I know is that Johnny Cash's music is genius. As long as they get that right, that is all I care about.

I have been listening to his songs all day. They are just so good.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger k.barrick said...

Have you heard Sarah Vowell (This American Life contributor) talking about "Ring of Fire?" I'm a Cash novice (have his cover of "Hurt" on a bunch of playlists though) but her recounting of June and Johnny meeting and the irony of how happy the song sounds when it's truly talking about sin and burning in hell... it's great.

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Really? That sounds interesting. Does she have a book or is she just giving lectures or something? I am kind of a novice too. Part of why I will probably be able to love the movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home