The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Like a Little Gift from Heaven

I overslept this morning. A nap yesterday threw my sleep schedule completely off. I was quite tired as I rushed out the door. I did take a moment to take a deep breath of fall air, enjoying the coolness in my lungs. I decided that I should really treat myself to a latte this morning to celebrate the pleasant weather. But I was running late. All the Starbucks near me would be incredibly crowded. As I turned the corner by my apartment and pulled my car to the stop sign, I was still debating whether I should take the time to get a pumpkin spice latte or just head on to work and take a quick trip later in the morning. Then I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. A man was holding a large sign that read FREE COFFEE. Even better, a woman was standing next to the man. In the womans hands was a tray filled with free lattes. Free, piping hot lattes. They weren't pumpkin, but they were free. It gets even better. Taped to my free, large latte that the man brought to my car window was a coupon for another free drink from Boba Latte, the coffeeshop behind my apartment. How great is that?

Reasons why East Richardson is cool:
  1. Boba Latte gives out free coffees and has free wifi.
  2. Afgan Bakery has great Turkish coffee, and I can access my wireless network from there. Plus, they have hookahs.
  3. Bar is within walking distance from my apartment and has awesome Sunday drink specials.
  4. Lollicup has some of the best bubble tea I have ever tasted. Also within walking distance.
  5. Richardson Square Mall is not nearly as overcrowded as other malls. It has Dillards, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble and Target. What more do you really need?

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

East Richardson IS cool. Yay for turkish coffee and free lattes!!!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Babs said...

yay for free coffee, awesome!

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

you're close to Bar!?! that so rules.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home