The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Not So Great

This week has been very trying. Work is VERY hard. I am working on an interactive user guide for a new cell phone. The phone is pretty cool: slider action, great color, pretty easy to use, and awesome picture quality. The picture quality, however, is the problem. When we make the IUG's we make them pixel by pixel. And this screen has lots, LOTS of pixels. So, for the past three days, I have been squinting through a magnifying glass at this screen. I finally get all the big work done. Now I can begin building the step by step instruction screens. And I do. I make a lot of progress. I go to save. The program crashes. I didn't save enough. Shame on Illustrator. So I rebuild everything. I get back to where I was before after about an hour. I even make improvements. I go to save. The program crashes. I didn't save enough. Shame on me. I redo my work again. Takes about half an hour this time. At least I am getting faster. I go to save. The program crashes. AGAIN. What the hell. I try just making a few changes and saving. It crashes. I try just saving. It crashes. I can't do anything to the file. It is three days worth of work. I can't just start over. I finally give up. I don't know what to do. I will ask some of the resident geniuses.

As if this day couldn't get any worse, I just noticed my pants were unzipped. I haven't removed my pants since I got home which means that they were unzipped at work. And I have no idea how long that might have been. I wonder if they were unzipped at lunch? Since breakfast maybe? So yeah. One of those days.

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger k.barrick said...

Zippers can work their way down from movement, like getting up and down from a chair often, so... THERE'S HOPE FOR YOU YET!!!

Also...just started reading but REALLY dig your blog.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

I hope you are right. If you read my blog further, you will see that based on past events, I am not wrong in suspecting that my pants were unzipped all day. It would fit with the trend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home