The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ball

I was discussing rejection with Z-Ho tonight. Not the cute boy doesn't like me kind, but the inviting friends to do things kind. We have friends that we are often inviting to do things but they alway turn us down. Eventually, I reach a point where I don't want to extend the effort anymore. I get tired of the rejection. Because that is how it feels after a while. You are supposed to be my friend, but you never seem to actually want to spend time with me. That doesn't seem right to me.

So, after a while, I just stop inviting you. You say no too many times, and you don't get included. I say after around 4, I just want to stop. I think that gives you enough opportunities to finish whatever it was keeping you from getting together with me the first three times. After 4, I am going to take my ball and go find someone else to play with. And we are going to make up an AWESOME game. It is going to be the best game ever. It is going to involve a rope and jacks, too. And then, we are also going to make up a secret, magical language to speak when we play the awesome game. And one day you are going to finally grace us with your presense, and you aren't going to know how to play. And then we are going to be speaking the new, secret, magical language which you won't understand. And boy are you going to feel bad.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger The Bagboy said...

Methinks someone has been ignored recently? You tell 'em, MAV. Tell 'em up good!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Actually, this is the result of a conversation with a friend to whom the ignoring was happening. Then the ball analogy started.

Oh, and about the game, it might be something like tetherjacksball where you have to hit the ball, when it comes back around you duck down and grab the jacks.

But, I mean, the rules are in the special, magical language, so I can't really tell you until you know the special, magical language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home