The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Lam

Okay, I am not exactly certain about the specifics of my sister's birth. But here is what I have pieced together.

My mom's first husband was apparently not the highest quality guy. We will call him Walter. While she was pregnant with my sister, Walter was arrested for unintentional manslaughter. He got into a fight with a guy, and the guy fell and hit his head on a curb, killing him. Freak accident, but it meant jail time for Walter. This is where things get really fuzzy. Apparently, Walter broke out of jail. I think he snuck out in a laundry truck or something. Anyway, my mom picked him up, and they went on the lam. While on the run, my sister was born. There are all these weird names on her birth certificate. It was a shady "doctor's office" situation.

Years later, he would be killed in a get rich quick scheme gone wrong.

My mom led an interesting life.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that your family could be in the running with Scott's, mine, and Crazy Stephanie's for the Most Outrageous True Family Story award

-redmcb

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I just found out that my brother's real last name was Presley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home