The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Monday, July 17, 2006

New Apartment

So, my lease is quickly coming to an end, and I must decide where to move next. I don't know what to do. Here is the dilemna. I live a little far from all of my friends. Sure, it is only 10 miles or so, but with lights and traffic, it is more like 20 minutes away. The other problem? I live a little far from work. It takes me between 30 and 40 minutes to get to work each morning. I would like to live a little closer to my friends without taking any longer to get to work.

Is this a really immature way to choose a place to live? I mean, on the one hand, I go to work 5 days a week. I don't necessarily see my friends that often (perhaps because I live far?). So, looking at it that way, is it stupid to not move closer to work? But, at the same time, I don't want to be lonely.

Another problem is that I have NO idea where to move. I know I don't want to live in Lewisville or even Carrollton. Addison is being considered. While I do realize it is sort of, I don't know, yuppy-ish, at least the majority of the people would be in my age range and possibly place in life. In Carrollton or Lewisville, most people seem to be married, home owners and/or parents. I am none of these things. I don't want to feel like the weirdo spinster, quite frankly. At least in Addison, I might make some more friends. It might be nice to hang out with my neighbors. We could barbeque and water each others plants when the other is out of town. We could have wacky hijinks.

I don't know. Honestly. I don't. It is a really hard decision. I really dislike driving as many of you know. I hate being trapped in my car alone for extended periods of time. I don't like being alone with my thoughts that much. But it seems that no matter which area I choose, I will be driving further to one of the destinations. Does anyone have any ideas?

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a tough one. It's unfortunate that you work in Lewisville. That's what is causing this debacle. I would focus on a good driving distance from work, rather than friends.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

You are trying to phase me out!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home