The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Friday, July 22, 2005

A Fury Like No Other

I am experiencing a fury like no other right now. I have had a house guest for the last week that wanted to move in with me. Upon further consideration, I decided this was a very bad idea indeed.

I broke the news that he would have to find somewhere else to go. I just cannot take care of a jobless, car-less, homeless, phone-less child right now. Blinded by guilt and kindness, I lent him my car while I went out with some friends.

I return home and he is not there. I get ready to go to bed, and he is not there. I wake up this morning at 5:30. He is STILL not home. He does not return until after 6. Six 'clock in the morning! Who keeps someone else's car out until 6 in the morning KNOWING they have a very important meeting that morning that they cannot, cannot be late for.

But that isn't the worst part. Also tagging along behind him is an insipid raccoon eyed slut.

That still isn't the worst part. The boy attempts to explain his actions. Not actually even apologize, just explain. I informed him that since he apparently cared so little about me and my property and since his friends and partying were so very important to him, that he could find his own way to Tulsa (where he is apparently going to move now. I was supposed to return him to his parents this weekend, but not so much now) and his friends can take him in. He silently walked into the guest bedroom to Raccoon Girl. I assumed he was getting his things together.

I get ready to leave, fling open the door and turn on the lights. They are in bed together. Still not the worst part. I said, "You have got to be kidding me. Do you really think I am going to let you two stay here in my house? Get your stuff; get out." He asked if I thought I was being a little ridiculous. The rage exploded. I replied that ridiculous is keeping someone's car out until 6 in the morning. Ridiculous is imposing on your friends and then disrespecting them. Ridiculous is thinking it would be okay to bring some skank to MY apartment. He huffily said that he would be out in 30 minutes.

I stalked out of the apartment, already running late due to this. Here comes the worst part.

I open my car door and am nearly knocked down by the cigarette stench. I storm in to the apartment and practically scream that I cannot believe he smoked in my car and did he have any respect at all for people that were helping him. He SMOKED in my car. Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I do not like smoking. I definitely do not allow in my current car. The car belonged to my mother. Out of respect to her, I do not let anyone smoke in it. I want to keep it smelling nice and clean. It is ruined. I emptied half a bottle of Febreeze in it, but the car still reeks of stale smoke. My hands are now wiped of him, and my locks shall be changed.

A fury like no other.

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Keymaster said...

I hope you watched him and the little lady leave your home and I hope you took the spare key out of it's spot.

That is about the worse thing I've heard!!!

NEVER speak to him again...better yet, pick up the phone and call his parents! He deserves a little whippin' from his pappa!!!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, I removed the key. I checked back at the apartment later that afternoon and his stuff was gone. He is no longer my problem. He blew it. But let me just say, I slept better last night than I have in a while. Just knowing that he was completely out of my life was such a relief.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Cali J said...

That's rough...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home