The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Sense of Confrontation

As you get older and your mind develops, you develop more senses. Well, that is senses such as a sense of humor. A sense of responsibility. A sense of self. Those senses. I think all of those are developing quite well in me after almost 28 (eep!) years. But the one that is not developing is a sense of confrontation. I am HORRIBLE at confrontation. I get all nervous and far too worried about hurting my opponents feelings.

So basically, I avoid. I hide. I run away. More often than not, I make myself fairly miserable in the process. I really need to work on this. Is there some sort of class I can take? Is there some highly confrontational person out there that can give me some lessons? Maybe there is some sort of manual? Maybe some charts and diagrams I can view?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home