The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Friday, July 01, 2005

My River Trip

I went on the River Trip last weekend. Only I had a BLAST! I lost the Dallas peeps early on, but fun was still had.

Actual conversation while buying "supplies"

Alcohol count:
Jello shots - 75 - 100

MAV: *stares at the extensive beer selection* So, what are we going to drink today.
Group: Bud Light, Coors Light, not Budweiser, not Miller.
MAV: Coors Light sounds good to me.
Mason: Yeah, let's go with Coors Light *grabs 2 cases of beer*

Alcohol count:
Beer count --- 48
Jello shots --- approximately 75 - 100

Brian: You think 2 cases. (means, that much?)
Mason: *studies cart* I don't know if that is going to be enough for everyone.
Chris: Get another. Let's go with a case of Bud Light.

Alcohol count:
Beer count ---- 72
Jello shots ----- 75 - 100

Mason: Okay, dude. Hmmm.... I don't know, maybe we should get another case.
Amanda: That's enough. Let's go.
Mason: *worries to himself* Maybe we should get a bottle of liquor. I don't feel right going down the river with so little to drink.

Final count....
Beer, 72;
Jello shots, 75 (with GOOD liquor);
Food: 2 packs of beef jerky, 1 apple, 1 banana

Number of people in our group that could have passed a breathalizer: 0

It was a blast. Don't remember chunks of the weekend. Apparently was sending and receiving drunken text messages. We went to Bar C lona down on 6th Street Friday night. SO GOOD! Try it next time you are in Austin. It is downstairs and is all red and grey. Very, very cool. Might be my favorite bar right now. Only drawback is limited seating.

My only complaint of the weekend was that we could not get any girls to flash us for Jello shots while on the river. I don't know what the problem was. Amanda and I tried really hard. And we had some pretty good looking guys with us. Don't understand. Usually we can't get the boob baring women to go away.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*gapes*
*boggles*

*smiles*

Fun times. . .fun times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home