The Monkey Attacked Me

One girl's struggle against the bizarre.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

What I Would Tell Me.

In my caffiene induced sleeplessness last night, I start thinking about things I wish I could change. If I could speak to the younger MAV, what would I tell her to do differently.

Here are some little things I decided on that would make my future life better without necessarily changing my life completely.

  • Take gymnastics. Not just because I really wish I knew how to do back flips cause they would be really entertaining at parties, but because that might have set me on a good fitness plan for life and maybe I wouldn't be struggling so much ten years later.
  • Make better boyfriend choices/be more honest with boyfriends. Yeah, this could be applied to any point in my life. Maybe if I had started that honesty thing sooner, things would be different now.
  • Major in fine arts. You would have saved yourself a lot of time and heart ache.
  • Put off buying a car until you absolutely must.
  • Don't pierce your navel.
  • Don't "date" guys you meet at bars. Especially bouncers.
  • Ditch band, join yearbook. Only because I would have gotten involved in photography earlier in life and rarely play the oboe in the present.
  • Check for back hair before dating.

These are just a few. I could probably add more if I would think about it longer. What would you tell your young self that would improve, but not completely change your life.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm totally doing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home